Re: [evolution-disc.] Tire trailers

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, "Alan Dahl" <alandahl@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Tire trailers
From: "Chuck and Donna #42" <teampointless@britsys.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:16:52 -0400
We have towed the 12" wheel version of that trailer from Bangor Maine to Key
West, From Washington DC to Topeka KS to Oscoda Mich with 2 sets of tires
and tools on it at speeds up to... well lets just say well above 55 MPH for
as long as 20 hrs straight and covering a total of nearly 200K miles and
have burned one wheel bearing set in the last 5 years, still on the original
tires. I think that sales person is on commision! The only weak link is the
fenders, the mounting tends to crack from vibration and they fold up like an
accordian when they break and fall on the spinning tire. Just leave them
off. Oh yah, the tailight mount on the side with the license plate tends to
crack and break off as well. I replaced mine with a pair of rectangular boat
trailer lights from Wally-world and a polyethelene license plate bracket.
Makes the trailer narrower and I no longer scratch my leg on the plate every
time I walk past it.