Re: Tire trailers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire trailers
From: Steven J Miller <sjm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:42:42 -0400
Alan,

I have an older model of the 40x48 with the 8" wheels, and, while I
haven't used it for autox in 10 years (the hitch for the RX-7 costs more
than the trailer did), I did use it for years on the Celica at speeds WE
would consider "normal". Also did occasional stints at speeds that would
be considered, well, I'd rather not say in open forum.

Mine has the 8" wheels. If I was going to do it again, I would get the 12"
wheels, as the bearings would be spinning 1/3 slower. As far as the load
capacity of the trailer, how much do your tires and tools weigh? If you're
carrying 1,400 lbs of stuff, you should think about getting a formula ford
instead, they're only 950 lbs :-)

The capacity on my 40x48 is 1,000, IIRC, and even if you only believe half
of what you hear, it's still suitable for autox.

Steve