[Autox] Fw: Re: Class Participation (Part 1)

To: burgerc@iquest.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: [Autox] Fw: Re: Class Participation (Part 1)
From: j g <notstock@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:40:20 -0800 (PST)
Clemens ;

I believe that  the competators themselves are the problem not 4.9, In classes
that have huge differences in vehicle mix  the rules need to change to allow
equal competition with the mix . Right now competators are not willing to
accept added weight in an over dog car to allow equal competition . The
attitude is as the forums show is "why should Ibe penalized by making my car
slower , make the slower cars faster ". Sounds nice to the uneducated or peer
group.

 As a bmod competator , and understanding 4.9 , I believe 4.9 is a rule that
quite frankly serves 2 purposes. If  a class ends up with specific cars
dominating at the local and national level due to improper leveling of
perfromance among the vehicles in class  due to the solo rules,  then the once
main stay of the class will leave or not participate at the national level.  I
think this is quite appropriate,  Bmod has this problem . If the SEB is
attempting to eliminate mod classes then 4.9 also serves the purpose as well
as allowing rules that distort the class , In a GCR based class IMHO very
diligent  effort needs to be done to equilize the slowest cars to the fastest
cars if the diversity of cars is high (not to all the same GCR rules such as a
spec class cmod, fmod ) . Care must be taken to ensure that the rule changes
do not devalue the most valuable vehicles by creating a rule to equilize that
cannot be achieved  without destroying the
 integrity of the car. A good example is trying to lower weight on GCR
atlantics , The whole club race scene knows that even the current most modern
swift 018  cars  cannot be reduced in weight much below 1265 with a small
driver  and they are carbon fiber . so a lower weight rule just does not work
for GCR legal atlantics . adding weight is usually easy in a GCR car because
the construction already requires the vehicle to be able to sustain complete
crashes at race speeds and survive  those loads are orders of magnitudes above
even 200 pounds added weight.   Non automotive derived powerplants  need a
significant weight penality and or cars with less than say 84 inch wheel base
need  weight added (say 200 pounds)  before other class eligible but
completely GCR legal will compete. I will never bring my ralt back to a
national championship as long as there is such disparity due to newer
motorcycle technology effecting the class. The Ralt and
 other historic formula atlantics are just too valuable to cut up or
bastardize  to run solo . A Ralt in excellent shape just as a swift 008a is
worth more on the open market  kept as close to original than most of the the
entire homemade  sports racers combined are worth.  And because of
international racing history on especially March and Ralt cars any one doing
anything that destroys the value of the car is a criminal imho .

Lets add weight to the non automotive derived powered cars  and wheel bases
shorter than 84 inches  and the class will come back . If the owners of these
cars have the attitude that
"you should cut your car up"  "don't make me add simple weight cus I like the
over dog role  . then the class deserves to die  by rule 4.9 .  The formula
atlantics will still have value in vintage and even in normal club racing  ,
the others will fall back to where they were . IMHO the rules changes as well
as the nationals site all contributed to this problem in Bmod  and probably
other classes

John Garcia   Equilize the rules and the classes will servive on their own .

---