Re: [Autox] Towing discussion - another view point

To: <spitfirejoe@email.com>, Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Autox] Towing discussion - another view point
From: Paul and Meredith Brown <l8apexrs@q.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 21:43:28 -0700
Single-axle trailers scare me, though I do see quite a few of them around.
They are going to be a LOT less forgiving of weight distribution issues than
dual-axle trailers, and don't have the nice inherent sway damping.  Add to
that the feature you like, towing with a lighter tow vehicle, and your margin
for error goes down further.  Which is all to say, pay attention when you set
it up, and keep an eye on things like your tires and wheel bearings.  Do
something to make SURE the car is always loaded in the same place, and be very
careful about everything else that gets loaded on the trailer.  Probably a
good idea to even carry the same amount of gas in the race car, though if the
gas tank is over the trailer axle that wouldn't make much difference.