Re: San Diego Tour and course lining

To: donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: San Diego Tour and course lining
From: SIASTUNING@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 01:42:39 EDT
Interesting that you should bring this up. I was going to pose the same
question. Although I personally don't watch the lines, I'm seeing the
situation through different eyes. I'm training a rookie who had major
problems that the course was chalked on the outside in addition to smaller
cones. Because of this, she hit cones on every run. Granted that this was her
first big event, she has been doing better and not hitting cones locally. I
can see how rookies who travel out of the region and even the old fossils
could have a problem picking up the course thinking that the chalk is on the
inside when it's on the outside. Believe me, I do not teach her to follow
lines. If this is going to be the way nationals chalks courses and our goal
is to train nationally competitive drivers, then we need to be doing it like
the rest of the WORLD.

So Charlie, add this to the agenda for tuesday.

Vic