Re: Fw: [mrpca] AutoX wreck photo here

To: Jerry Brown <jerbrown@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: [mrpca] AutoX wreck photo here
From: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:58:18 -0700
Jerry Brown wrote:
> In addition, the S2000 guy had on a set of brand new Hoosiers. I was
> instructing both days, and when I saw his car and heard of his (lack of)
> experience, I thought, "Now, that's a recipe for disaster".

I feel somewhat bad about this... The guy got a ride from me and I was
going fairly quickly... I've driven buttonwillow quite a few times, and
had driven Saturday also, so I think I was pushing moderately hard...
but each time that we came through Sunrise (the turn at the beginning of
the front straight,) I told him, "This is the only place that you can
wipe out into the wall... be REALLY careful here..."  I was hoping that
I scared him into driving slow... The scary thing was that his car was
still dirty from going off at Willow Springs!

        -Kit