RE: Any first timers going to Nationals?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Any first timers going to Nationals?
From: "Phil Esra" <philesra@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:51:53 PDT
>Corey, Sharon, Don Ebaugh, Mark
>Watson, Phil, Jim Ochi, Sobi, Chok,... are you guys out there?

Not this year for me... I think the combination of:

not really enjoying the SB Pro,
getting my ass handed to me on a plate in the PAX class by Katie and
everyone else,
and dealing with shock and swaybar stuff (ask me about ProParts)
kinda burned me out...

SB was hot and a looong drive (yet disturbingly closer than KS) and I didn't
really hang out with anyone I don't already spend time with here.

And man, it's A LOT less fun to be desperately fighting for second-to-last
place in PAX than it was to be in a see-saw battle with Mark W for Street
Touring supremacy (until he finally got his suspension sorted out). Not
humiliating or humbling (no real delusions of talent); just not nearly as
fun. And the Nationals competition ain't any easier :)

I think Nationals would be a blast, and I encourage everyone to go. But,
myself, I'm taking a break and doing some travelling instead. Already went
to Ireland and tried to climb Mt. Shasta with vacation time that would've
been spent on autox. But I'll be rooting for ya, and probably wishing I was
there, like every year :)

phil "wet blanket" esra ;)