Re: Koni shock question

To: "Kirk Meline" <KMeline@iscribe.com>, "'Kelly, Katie'"
Subject: Re: Koni shock question
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 09:55:47 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Ochi" <jochi@ricochet.net>
To: "Kirk Meline" <KMeline@iscribe.com>; "'Kelly, Katie'" <kkelly@spss.com>;
"'Kit Wetzler'" <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Cc: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 2:49 AM

> Hey Kirk -
>
> You should take a look at the event results for the last regular
> season.  If you compare times between Katie in her slow Miata and all of
> ESP, she would have placed first or second in every event that she
> ran.  So, either we were really slow last year, or that Miata is pretty
> darn fast....

I'd say it's a combination of a good driver in a fast car (although the
'94-'97 R is not really competitive in BS anymore, it's still pretty quick).
A Miata may not have the power an M3 does, but it handles so well that most
of us don't mind.

Nothing against the handling of the M3, mind you.  I drove a stock one once
for a fun run, and it was a blast to drive.

Scot