Re: Jaguar E Type Advantages

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jaguar E Type Advantages
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:53:37 -0800
Actually, it's not a problem to practice on this transmission.
As Charlie mentions, it tends to grind a lot.  But after 15 years
of very spirited grinding of my own, there was no noticeable
wear on gears or bearings when I took it in for a defensive overhaul
("Why exactly did you bring this transmission in?")

E Types are relatively available, pretty cheap, and represent
a future lifetime of work.  Worth the trouble, if you ask me.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!