Solo 2 Awards / Trophy & Jacket Party

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Solo 2 Awards / Trophy & Jacket Party
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:54:26 EST
Last night, in addition to the Regular and Winter Slush trophies being given
out, we recognized E. J.  Bayliss and Arie Villasol as Most Improved Female
and Male Drivers.

Jim Ochi, Don Ebaugh, Durk Edwards and Peter Thana were recognized with
Region Chief's Awards for their contributions to our events.  These guys show
up early to set up, do anything that is needed all day, and stay to put
things away at the end of the day.

Finally, Ben Martinez received the Region Chief's "Superhuman Effort" award
for being everywhere, all the time and doing just about everything!

Thanks to Katie Kelly, Teresa Neidel, Carl Merritt, Jim Ochi, Peter Thana, Au
Nguyen, Jim Williams, E. J.  Bayliss for their photos, videos, hard work,
creativity and music in presenting us with a great multimedia presentation
and the picture presentation during the awarding of trophies.  Any chance we
can show the multimedia presentation at the "Jacket Party?"  I'm guessing
we'll have all the shirts and jackets for Steering Committee members, Event
Chairs, 100%ers, and Rookie award winners within the next 2 weeks, and we can
have a pizza party in February some time to hand them out.

My thanks to all of these people, all the Steering Committee members, event
chairs,  and everyone that makes Solo 2 work.  I was given a "Board Award"
last night for Solo 2 bringing so many new members into SFR.  In reality,
though, this award is for all of you!

Thanks,
Charlie