Is The price of gas too high?

To: <BA-Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is The price of gas too high?
From: "Navid Kahangi" <navid@interwoven.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:47:40 -0700
This puts things into perspective... well, sorta :)

             The price of gas too high?

If you think the price of a gallon of gasoline is expensive,
well here are a few things that may shock you as to what
the price per gallon is for........

1.  Diet Snapple, 16 oz. @ $1.29, equals $10.32 per gallon.
2.  Lipton Ice Tea, 16 oz. @ $1.19, equals $9.52 per gallon.
3.  Gatorade, 20 oz. @ $1.59, equals $10.17 per gallon.
4.  Ocean Spray, 16 oz. @ $1.25, equals $10.00 per gallon.
5.  Quart of Milk, 16 oz. @ $1.59, equals $6.32 per gallon.
    (more like $2.99 a gallon)
6.  STP Brake Fluid, 12 oz. @ $3.15, equals $33.60 per gallon.
7.  Vick's Nyquil, 6 oz. @ $8.35, equals $178.13 per gallon.
8.  Pepto Bismol, 4 oz. @ $3.85, equals $123.20 per gallon.
9.  Whiteout, 7 oz. @ $1.39, equals $254.17 per gallon.
10.  Scope, 1.5 oz. @ $.99, equals $84.84 per gallon.
...... here's the real KICKER.......

....Evian water, 9 oz. @ $1.49, equals $21.19 per gallon......
   " $ 2 1.1 9 "  for water!!!!!!

  You get the idea???    So the next time you're at the pump,
  ".. be glad your car doesn't run on Nyquil or Scope..."

  There are a lot of folks who can't understand how
  we came to have an oil shortage here in the USA.
  Well, there's a very simple answer ...
  nobody bothered to check the oil. We just didn't know
  we were getting low.
  The reason for that is purely geographical. All the oil
  is in Texas, Oklahoma, Alaska, Wyoming, etc.

  All the dipsticks are in Washington, D.C.