Question regarding ambiguity in Novice rules

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Question regarding ambiguity in Novice rules
From: "Jake Hodges" <jake_hodges@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:53:29 +0000
Please help me clear up some questions regarding the Novice class.  On the
following page on the SFR's site, the 2001 Novice Class Rules are posted:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/novicerules.html

Rule (1) says you are eligible for Novice class if you have not, among other
things, "earned a Winter Slush Trophy".

First question:  We award Winter Slush Trophies?  Yes!

Second question:  Does that mean that whatever Novice is unfortunate enough
to be at the head of the points race after the last Slush event is booted
from the Novice class into regular stock?  Or is that rule referring to a
previous season's Winter Slush Trophy?  If the novice is kicked out of
Novice after the Slush rounds, what happens to their points?

Thanks all.  I'll go put on my anti-"Why don't you have a rulebook" helmet
now.  Thanks for enduring the anguish I impose on the list.

Jake Hodges