Re: Nationals Course--not!

To: ba-autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Nationals Course--not!
From: Vernon Head <vhead@radar.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 13:05:25 -0700
Brooks Talley wrote:

> To me, it seems that our local events should prepare people for
> nationals, not the other way around.  Surprise and challenge me here so
> I stand a chance against real competition, please!

That was the general idea. I am always amazed at how different Nationals
courses are from ours. The courses are a bit faster, yes, but mostly have
lots of misleading corners that either make you want to apex too early or
too late. They also have a tendency to use cones more sparingly, causing you
to get lost, or at least have to slow down.

-Vernon