Re: Which side to start the grid

To: Anthony Tabacco <atabacco@california.com>
Subject: Re: Which side to start the grid
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 21:46:15 -0700
Anthony Tabacco wrote:

> Rich,
> I don't think it matters particularly.

Trust me, some think it matters a lot whether they run
first or last. This issue rose again Saturday when two
drivers placed their cars (no pregrid) on opposite sides
of the grid each thinking their line would run last. And
you would be surprised what some people claim the
"rules" are.

> Just don't ever let the pipeline run dry, and work the grid such that you
> don't have a two driver car as the last remaining car in a group.

Ok, but then you say...

> The only thing to consider for the two driver line is that some pairs are
> chronically slower than everyone else at changeover, and you should try to
> avoid having shared cars ready to go but backed up behind them, so it could be
> advantageous to put the two driver line next to the by-pass so you can pull
> cars from behind the laggards.

What do you do on the next pass when they're last in line and
not ready?  And the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth pass?
Rich Urschel