RE: Falken Azenis Sport Autox Impressions?

To: "'Rex Tener'" <rex_tener@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Falken Azenis Sport Autox Impressions?
From: Mark Smith <msmith@tilia.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:40:12 -0700
I've had a set on my del Sol for the last 6 months (commuting and autox).
They're as good as any street tire I've tried and for the money I'd say they
can't be beat. 195/60/14's for $42....

On the street they're noisy and sound like an offroad tire on a truck with
busted shocks and bushings. Ride quality suffers a little from the very
stiff sidewalls.That's the only downside to them. Traction is great in both
wet and dry - as tested by an emergency stop on I-80, on concrete at 60mph
with much standing water.

As far as AutoX goes - I'm still new to the sport so I really aint the best
person to comment - but they seem pretty good and give you "some" warning
that they're about to let go prior to going backwards through the cones....
although on the odd occasion I do hit some cones I've asked more of my tires
than Michael Shumacker does of his and proceeded to wipe out a whole bunch
of cones. More a case of my bad than a problem with the tires.....

So far they've seen about 20,000 or so commuting miles (up and down 80) as
well as all 9 SF events this year. I should be able to make it too the slush
series before I change them!

Mark.