RE: Camber compromise for autox / track days...

To: "'Talley, Brooks'" <brooks@frnk.com>,
Subject: RE: Camber compromise for autox / track days...
From: Navid Kahangi <navid@interwoven.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:49:53 -0700
Brooks,

I've run the same exact setup on my cars for both autox and track for years.
I normally run 3-3.5 degrees of negative camber in front and never had a
noticeable disadvantage under braking on track.

Now, I'm not disputing the fact that more negative camber will hurt your
straight line braking; what I'm saying is that it really doesn't make that
much of a difference to you and me.  If we are talking about F1 and CART
where teams can turn the same lap times lap after lap and every 100th of a
second counts, I would say it matters a lot.

--Navid