Re: Crows Landing Airfield Autox

To: "Paul S \(#51 STS\)" <ibisbike@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Crows Landing Airfield Autox
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:50:24 -0700
In message <20020829163542.36857.qmail@web9605.mail.yahoo.com>"Paul S \(#51
STS\)" writes
>This sounds like a promising site.  A bit out of the
>way...but reachable for sure.
>
>In case anyone is wondering, I found this website,
>which has a little history and some photo's of the
>site.
>
>http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/CA_NE/Airfields_CA_NE.htm#crows

Yow, check out the Livermore Naval Air Station, listed right
above it:

        The airfield consisted of a unusual layout of a rectangular
        3,000' x 2,700' macadam mat [...]

Now, if only they hadn't built Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
on top of it, we'd be in fat city as far as autocrosses go...

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net