American Auto-x Series for 2004

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: American Auto-x Series for 2004
From: "Jesus Villarreal" <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:53:50 -0800
Hello Bayarea Autocrossers, here is the latest news:

The Good news:

American Auto-X Series events for 2004 will be held at Castle Airport's
"Winton Ramp", in Atwater Ca., the same site as 2003, yesterday, I confirmed
the availability of the site for next year with the Airport Manager at
Castle. He told me they are very happy with the way we ran our events last
year and would welcome the continued use of the "Winton Ramp" by AAS. I will
be waiting to see what SFR-SCCA's schedule will be, to choose the dates for
AAS to avoid scheduling conflicts. We should be able to post dates by early
next year. We will attempt to schedule  8 weekends(16 events) for the '04
season starting in mid March and finishing in  October.

Now for the not as good news:

Cost associated with the site, (i.e. power sweeping, insurance, etc.etc.)
are forcing us to increase the entry fees to $35 for '04. Last year we
barely made it, the location of the site and the economy, appear to have
kept entry levels down as opposed to '02, in '02 we averaged 130 entries per
event, in '03 we averaged 90 entries. Even with the increase we will be down
from '02, $600-700 per day if entry levels stay the same, so for all of our
regular competitors, tell all your friends how much fun it is to get 5 runs
on courses that are "National Level", and make sure they come out. We'll
need everybody's help to keep this Series as fun as it is.

For those of you that would like your class to be on its own, all you have
to do is get an average of 4 cars per event, and your class will become
eligible. So, for those of you that currently have an eligible class, but
are on the bubble so to speak, and there are a few on my "to watch" list,
get your competitors out to our events to keep the average up. Remember,
they don't all have to be there every event, you just have to have an
average of 4 per event.

Thank you for your past support, and hopefully continued support.

Jesus Villarreal

President, American Auto-X Series LLC