Newbie Nationals Reccomendation

To: "'autox'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Newbie Nationals Reccomendation
From: Matthew Rehrer <mrehrer@rehrer.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 17:47:26 -0700
Hey all-

I will be driving my car out filled with stuff sometime at the end of
this week.  I am running in DS (Tue. and Wed.).  Would appreciate
hearing thoughts and recommendations on the following topics as
well as any I have missed:

Which route to take.
  -At this point I guess I will just take the directions that mapquest
is giving.
(http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?
go=1&do=nw&1ex=1&un=m&2ex=1&2tabval=address&cl=EN&ct=NA&1tabval=address&
2v=CITY&1ex=1&1y=US&1a=&1ac=IBFU%252bAHi03KUHCuJpE0pUFXfcAZ8qaLiIC%252fB
E9TQQiLkbhBRML%252faIKeUj%252fNAtWUE%252bIIfy5mR8k0%253d&1ah=&2y=US&2a=&
2c=Topeka&2s=KS)

Is it insane to try to do the drive in two days?

Where to stay along the way.
  -I could just break the mileage into equal chunks but if there are
particularly
great/cheap spots to stay on the way out let me know.

Anybody planning a non-trailer caravan?
  -I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that I will be moving faster than
trailer folk.

Where should I stay in Topeka?  (Yes, I should have done this
earlier...)
  -Need room that will accommodate both myself and my co-driver who will
drive out separately.

Thanks for any help or suggestions,

Matthew