Re: Lotus

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>,
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: Gary Richardson <gwrichardson42@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 15:01:29 -0800 (PST)
I don't believe that this is correct.  The rules allow you to use engines from
"sister" companies, e.g. Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, etc.  It does not allow you
to swap engines from unrelated companies, even if they shared parts.  For
example, the Ford Probe and Mazda MX-6 shared alot of components including the
engine, but this does not allow you to choose engines from either Mazda or
Ford.  If you have a Probe, you can choose any Ford block, if you have a MX-6
you can choose any Mazda block and that's it.

-Gary

"John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net> wrote:

Phil, the SM rules allow you to use either any engine from the
manufacturer of the car, or if the stock engine is from another
company, any engine from the other manufacturer instead.

So for instance (and I have no idea why anyone would want to do this)
someone could take my housemate's Geo Prizm (which has a Toyota
engine) and install any GM engine or any Toyota engine.