Pylon for June 2005

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for June 2005
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 12:53:58 -0400
The June 2005 issue of North American Pylon went to press on June 30.
It is now in the mail on the way to subscribers.
        7 This month we cover the Mid-west Divisional at St. Louis. CP
driver Ron Ver Mulm is on the cover.
        7 CenDiv's championship meet at the Grissom Aeroplex site in Peru,
IN. Lotsa pictures.
        7 New England Region's Solo  series meet at Ayer, MA. Alas, for a
time, the NEng computer lost everybody named "Bob."
        7 Reno Region sets up a time trial series at Derby Field in
Lovelock, 2 hours North of Reno.
        7 Univ. of Kansas wins Midwest Formula SAE held in Salina, KS.
        7 Tasha Goodale is looking for some ideas to add spic e to the
Nationals banquets where entrants sit down with 1100 of their closest
friends.
        7 Atlanta Region hosts their 2nd round at Turner Field. And Atlanta
Region hosts the 2nd round of the Southeast Divisional series.
        7 Mike Johnson drives a Lotus Elise to the Super Stock win at the
Toledo Natiomal Tour.
        7 Tennessee Region uses Nashville Speedway lot for its series.
        7 Connecticutt Autocross and Rally Team (CART) does a pair.
        7 Old Dominion region operates in Virginia Beach, VA.
        7 San Francisco Region does two events in Oakland and two more in
Marina, CA.

Columns:
        Pat Kelly on just what does "DNW" mean?
        Lorenzo the Scribe on growing up in Etna, a small steel town.
        Editor Kelly suggessts there are too many people "cooking" on the
proposed Modified class changes.
        Abner Perney is back, watching the Indy 500 on TV.
        We have several letters from D Mod drivers and the weight change
proposed. There has been a less than enthusiastic response from some D Mod
drivers who question why they are hit with weight but the class winner is
not.
        One letter from San Diego's Bruce Haden is so long and detailed we
made it into a Guest column.
        Plus our usual schedule and Garage Sections.
        Check out our web page at: <www.napylon.com> to learn more and even
how to get three issues for free.
        To subscribe, send a check for $24 to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566
        (Where it's 96 degrees F.  today and our at-home AC unit just
died.) (Sigh.)
Or:
        Call 1-800-58-KELLY and charge the $24 to your plastic card. Please
call between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Pacific Coast buesiness hours
        Or, send it your plastic card number  and your mailing address via
FAX to 1-925-846-0118. It operates 24/7.
        PS It's a fat issue this month with 32 tabloid pages.