Re: Heat cycling tires

To: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Subject: Re: Heat cycling tires
From: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:46:35 -0700
>what I've heard from Kumho is that "100 continuous highway miles" is
>NOT a good way to heat cycle their tires :)

interesting.  where did you see that?  i could only find this on their
website (not very specific and for the V700)

"We recommend that drivers heat cycle their tires before using them in
competition. Heat cycling helps you get the most consistent performance
and tread life out of your tires. It is the process of gently bringing
the tires up to temperature for a short duration and letting them cool.
Ideally, you should break in your tires, remove them from your vehicle,
and set them aside for more than 24 hours before your track "

so what is the correct procedure for a V710?  i havent noticed anything
unusual about the wear except the rubber wears off very slowly.  i was
only just down to the wear bars after 93 runs last set, including
hundreds of street miles.

james
OSP - Ophiuchus Seeks Prey