Re: Sites?

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sites?
From: Shawn Brenneman <shawn@startled.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:59:07 -0700
Your attachment was stripped by the list server, but I'm guessing you
mean the enormous lot visible here on Google Maps/Google Earth:

http://tinyurl.com/bjd3j

A bit of internet sleuthing later, I discovered that that is the
"Patterson Pass Park" industrial section of Tracy, CA.  Through
Tracy's municipal website, I found at least one of the businesses
based there, Adesa.  They turn out to be wholesale car auctioneers.
That probably means that many of the tight clumps of cars in their
parking lots don't belong to employees who go home on weekends, but
are cars waiting to be sold to dealers.  On the other hand, they are
car people, they're used to the noise from Altamont Speedway just down
the road, and they do have a lot of tarmac out there.  Hope that is
helpful to someone.

Shawn