RE: Subaru WRX camber

To: "'Gary Fellers '" <gary_fellers@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: Subaru WRX camber
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:53:18 -0800
>I will be having an alignment done on my Subaru WRX, so now seems to be
>a good time to set some better negative camber.  I have -0.8 right now,
>but my tire wear suggests that with my combination of street and
>autocross driving I can tolerate a lot more.  Would anyone like to \
>suggest a good number?

Stock (DS) : In front it is adjustable via a factory crash bolt.   By going
to someone who can "line up the slop", you can get around -1.25 to -1.5 deg
at most.   Get as much as you can get.   In back, it is not adjustable other
than loosening the bolts and lining up the slop.   Most WRX's are around
-1.2 in back stock, but you want to line up the slop to REMOVE neg camber
(i.e. try and line up the slop for less negative) since the lesser rear
camber will help significantly in getting the car to rotate.

STX : -2.5 to -3.0 for racing in front, keeping in mind that it will affect
street manners and tire life.   In back, aim for -0.5 to -1.0.

Ed