RE: Hell met

To: Donald McKenna <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Hell met
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 19:05:30 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006, Donald McKenna wrote:

> Without even looking at, what might be a very responsible and helpful
> article, I have to wonder where a lot of motorcyclist's "heads" are. Is a
> "beanie" helmet, that is "M" rated, really safe?

If it covers the part you land on...

> And, while on my "anti-motorcycle-rider" thread, anybody or everybody who
> rides a Harley please explain to me why these, otherwise "responsible",
> Harley riders dump the stock exhaust and inflict pain on the rest of us, at
> least those as old and stuck-in-the-mud as me, with their obscene
> after-market noise-makers.

Beats the hell out of me, especially when import cars (like my Evo) get
pulled over all the time for "exhaust louder than stock".  I hate the
noise of Harley open pipes, especially when they try to accelerate.  But I
don't like loud exhaust of any kind, I just picked up a VFR700 Interceptor
and am putting stock pipes back ON.

KeS