RE: SCCA SFR Tech inspections

To: "'Mark Mervich '" <mwizard@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: SCCA SFR Tech inspections
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:15:47 -0800
Floormats : remove them.   Period.   Agree with Charlie, I haven't seen a
factory "latch" on them yet that wouldn't easily come loose with a little
force.

Windshield cracks : let's enforce what's actually in the rulebook or if we
want to enforce something different, let's do it right and put it in the SFR
Sups.

Battery : Mark, find me on Sunday.   I'll personally walk you thru how to
spot a Gel Cell/AGM battery (most common one being the "Optima" brand).
AGM type batteries are safe without a box (because they don't leak and don't
vent off any gases) as long as the terminals are secure and covered.
Hell, you can safely mount an AGM battery UPSIDE DOWN and it's still safe.
If they safely live mounted upside down in a lowrider with hydraulics, it'll
be fine for our use :).

Ed