Re: [Bmcu] Request to be removed

To: bmcu@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Request to be removed
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:23:09 -0600
Each and every message to the BMCU list has a wealth of information
contained in the headers, specifically the rfc2369 compliant stuff.  But
unlike myself, the vast majority of folks on this list have not spent a
quarter
of a century in the computer field, and have no idea what I'm talking about.
So they are missing out on all the quick links to subscription management
the headers provide, like these:

        <mailto:bmcu-request@autox.team.net?subject=subscribe>

But everyone getting this list, in either regular or digest form, should be
seeing the line

somewhere in each and every message that shows up in their mailbox.
If your internet service provides you with web access, you can click on this
link and manage your subscription, doing things like switching from regular
to digest mode, changing various options and unsubscribing.  The monthly
reminder message sent to all list members also has links so that folks can
manage their subscriptions with just a few clicks.

Hmmm, one thing I really need to get sone soon is fix it so the links to the
archives that one sees actually go to http://www.team.net/archive instead
of the much less useful default location.  RealSoonNow, maybe after I
get  Killer's 1500 motor back together!

mjb.