Re: Air Condionier clutch

To: Lbc302@aol.com
Subject: Re: Air Condionier clutch
From: Jim Kelliher <ginjim@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:18:48 -0400
There was a ford service bulletin published while the brick was being
manufactured that touched on this subject. I do not know if it relates to your
situation, but it was a notice of the possibility of the clutch/pulley bolt
working it's way loose. It was printed in an early Brickline.
Last October it happened to 1191, which has 34K miles on it,  while driving
down the highway. I pulled over to see what the noise and smell was & it was my
pulley, almost completely off and the smell was the belt smoking trying to stay
in the pulleys grove, the pulley was so tilted. If the pulley had let go, the
damage could have been tear jerking, wreaking havoc in the engine compartment,
hood, fan & shroud etc. I removed the belt and tightened up the pulley bolt and
was on my way. I remembered to keep a few tools in the car.
Just an FYI and a possible cause to check.
Jim
1191