Re: 74 overheating problems

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 74 overheating problems
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:54:50 EDT
The reason I mentioned it was that the only modification on my white '74 is
the scoop instead of air dam and it never gets over 190.  This is even while
idling in 90+ degree weather, (although I don't do that a lot without raising
the hood.)  I wonder if those AMC engines with serious cooling problems could
have water channel blockage in the engine?  By the way the reason the hood
will open at speed if it is unlatched is due to the low pressure area at the
base of the windshield.  That is just aerodynamics and nothing specific to a
Bricklin.
-George Curley