Re: Car Started!

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Started!
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 22:10:47 EST
In a message dated 12/2/99 1:32:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
symbiotic@hotmail.com writes:

> Jump out and hammer it while the motor
>  runs and the bendix spins or turn ignition off and try to hammer it while
>  the starter is engaged or try to take the battery cable off?  None of
those
>  alternatives seems good to me. Kim

Don't even take that chance!  This happened to me and it is an ugly
situation.  The temptation is to yank wires or cut something, as you listen
to your starter self-destructing.  Fortunately for me, my electrical guy
"ate" the cost since I had just gotten the car back.  He thought maybe
because the replacement parts were getting old, they had a higher failure
rate.  He found them readily enough, but I wish I had gotten all the part
numbers.  Ironically, he had previously talked me out of putting a disconnect
switch on the battery because of the unavoidable voltage loss from the extra
connections.
George Curley