Re: Upgarding to 17" Rims

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Upgarding to 17" Rims
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 22:08:19 EST
Riley,
Glad to hear you have your priorities in order there. :)  Anyone please feel
free to disagree, but as far as I have been able to tell on my 74s, the
odometer mileage seems to be correct, it is only the speed that is displayed
incorrectly.  That is my impression from road trips in two 74 Bricklins,
comparing the mileage to road signs and 3 different chase vehicles
speedometers/odometers. I could still be wrong about this because it was
never a primary goal to calibrate it.
The aluminium wheels have a reputation for being out of round and balance and
therefore causing vibration.  Mine don't seem to vibrate that badly, but one
of them actually leaks.  They are after all cast aluminium.  New tires, new
valve stem; the tire still goes down in about a week.  There are supposedly
companies that can balance and recondition the wheels and get them round.
Check in Hemmings for an ad.  One place John Cherba told me about is Wheel
Collision Center, 7286 Penn Drive, Bath, PA 18014 1-800-292-7467.  I don't
know anything else about them or if they are still in business. Caveat emptor.
By the way, Flitz metal polish is the best thing I have used on them.

George Curley