Re: Head Light Lid

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head Light Lid
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 22:26:39 EST
This is a real frustrating phenomenon.  Keeping the car out of the elements
helps but mine is garaged full time and the covers are still
"potato-chipping."   It seems like the only true solution would be to use the
fiberglass covers.  I heard someone had fabricated a larger metal piece to
bond the cover to and keep it flat.  Does anyone know how successful this
might be or is?   What about making some sort of "Bricklin headlight press"
to attach to the car while it is in the garage, like is done for smokey bear
hats, wood tennis racquets, etc.?  Obviously you would have to be careful not
to crack the acrylic when re-flattening the cover.
George Curley