Re: 1974 Brick

To: david.ebel@visitalk.com
Subject: Re: 1974 Brick
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:43:51 EST
symbiotic@hotmail.com writes:

> Let's see, besides all the "normal" issues with all bricklins, the 74s also
>  were plagued with weak coil springs, small front air scoops, loose
harmonic
>  dampers, a seatbelt interlock and poor "fit and feel" between the body
>  panels.  For the springs, look under the car about where the door latch
is.

Don't forget the incorrect installation (mounted backwards and therefore
closed) of the exhaust manifold heat valve!!  This caused some cars to catch
fire and was in BVC service manual nbr. 11.  My cars were already fixed when
I acquired them but it's something you should check for.  Production quality
went up and down and up again over the course of time, corresponding to VIN
numbers.  So the "fit and feel"  and similar issues were not as simple as
just model year differences.  Now that a lot of cars have been re-worked one
would think that generalization is less accurate though.

George Curley