Re: ID Door Decal plate

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ID Door Decal plate
From: "CBL302" <CBL302@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:04:01 -0400
O boy, You have a problem,when I went to put 1136,thru inspection,when I
first bought her,some idiot had put a extra rivit thru the door vin
plate,and they made a big stink over that!!!But then they relized that the
Id tag had not been removed,and they let it go thru,Also it is Illegal and
unlawful to make,or replace your own Vin tags.What you have to do,is bring
your Bricklin to your local Motor Vehicle Dept.with all paperwork,as long as
they FIND TWO matching Vin. Numbers(Ex.dash vin and one on the motor or
tranny)they will issue you a new vin tag(not the same numbers as the orignal
vin tags)that will bear the state of issue and the new vin number,then you
use the orignal vin number and the state issued vin number when you sell or
register your Bricklin.

Hope this helps
Claude
1024/1136