Articles

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Articles
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:07:29 -0400
It's almost that time again.  I will start laying out the Jan. issue in
a couple of weeks.  So please, if you are thinking of writting an article,
please do.  I don't know how much info I currently have for the next issue.

I know some of you must have gotten a new tool, done some work on your
car, took it on a trip, just reciently purchased your car.  We love to
get articles and pictures from people that just got their Bricklins.  I
know there are a few of you out there - this is a great way to introduce
yourself to the club members.

As always, I'm looking for tech articles and Novice articles.  And if you
have something your like an article written on, please let me know.  We
need to start a list of articles wanted.  Then find someone to write them.

I know the excuses, I'm busy, I have to work on the house, etc.  Well just
to give you some prespective and insentive:

1. I edit the magazine - no small undertaking.
2. I'm trying to restore my Bricklin
3. I have 2 drivers I'm trying to get back on the road - the 77 Spit and the
   65 Rambler.  Won't go into the details, but the Rambler needed work.  I'm
   now in the process of rebuilding all the brakes, among other things.
4. I maintain 3 daily drivers - 84 Accord (mine), 89 Voyager van (ScottE's
   - #2 son) - until we get the Rambler on the road, 95 Voyager van (Mac's
   - my wife's)
5. I'm currently working on 3 articles:  One on sandblasting equipment,
   and 2 on the air door system - one on how the air regulator works and
   one on how the air solenoids work.
6. Plus I fortunately have a job. - I'd rather be retired, but I have 1 son
   in college - a senior, and the other boy is getting ready to start - he's
   a senior in High School.
7. I've cut back my email - I'm down from 200 or so a day to about 100.

So if I can find the time to write an article you can too.  If you need
any help, in writing one, feel free to call or email me.  I'll give you
all the help I can.  The articles can be as long or short as you want.
I'd prefer that they be emailed to me in Rich Text Format.  I like to have
pictures to go with the articles.  I can take digital pictures via email
or real pictures via snail mail (please send me duplicate pictures as I
can't guarantee their return).

TIA