Re: AC parts

To: jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: AC parts
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 10:23:03 EST
In a message dated 2/14/2002 9:25:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jblair@exis.net writes:

> So now I'm looking for a replacement.  Anyone had any luck finding a
> replacement?

HAHAHA this was a major pain for me too!!  Over the course of 3 years I went
though approximately $2500 and countless test fits.  All this time TT had
been saying how easy it should be to find one, but when I took the car to
him, he had the same difficulties.  He finally found a condenser that fit,
but not an exact bolt in and needed a different hose because the fitting
faced the other way.  I think the condenser part number he finally used was
Advance Auto 54301, and dryer cartridge was Carolina Auto Supply ac2401C.
Again, some minor modification was required so probably best to check with
Terry.  It's also possible he's come up with somthing better in the past
year.  When I asked about repairing the things or having one custom made, he
said due to the high pressure in the AC system, it is not feasible.  However,
at least one person has said he had one repaired (re-cored?) successfully.
Good luck.

George Curley #220, 670