re:once again

To: "<" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:once again
From: "jlwncw" <jlwncw@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 07:29:26 -0400
It's been 3 years since I installed the AOD in my 75,but I'll try to recall
what I can.There was an article in the brickline that said to use an 88 or 89
AOD,probably something to do with a simplified TV(throttle valve)cable.Mine
was from an 89 mustang but you can find one in a t-bird and other ford powered
vehicles.I had to use longer bolts that mount the trans to the
engine,fabricate a bracket to hold the TV cable near the trans and one near
the carb location.The cable attaches directly to the carb,no problem(Holley
600).The trans mounts are the same.It attached to the flex plate(flywheel)with
no problem.You need to get the driveshaft yoke off the trans donor vehicle and
attach it to your B driveshaft.I didn't have any major obstacles,so the
downtime was short.Let me know if you need more info.