more on CD's and adobe navigation

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: more on CD's and adobe navigation
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:37:10 EST
Just learned that the Brickline CD's are sanctioned by BI.  Hopefully the
back issues will entice people to join the club.
I haven't seen them yet so don't know how navigation is set up.  The item
description says there is an index.  There are theoretically a number of
navigation aid methods one could implement: table of contents, keyword index,
and some variety of full text search.  A table of contents alone can be quite
helpful, but as you know there are commercial CD publications which lack even
that.  The Acrobat catalog index is one way to automate indexing, as well as
a number of third-party tools.  One approach is to just stick the
ocr-recognized text "behind" the images.  The text could then be searched to
find the page(s) it appeared on.  Of course all this is done by the document
creator.

George