wasteland reply to accusations!

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: wasteland reply to accusations!
From: "Wasteland 1" <wasteland1@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:41:56 -0500
"sent with no prejudice"
The question that was emailed to us by John was as follows; [ does "new to you
" mean new or used?] We responded to him that it was simply a nicer way of
saying the word "used" abd that many co. use this in their name Ben' new to
you auto  . Email conversation on file .Given that we take pride in offering
the best quality "used " parts we can find  and it is our position to offer it
and categorize as a new to you part . I apologized to him saying that it may
Canadian expression but have traveled  throughout the US on a monthly basis
and have found the same expression there.
     Am I parting out a Junker or finding parts all over the continent? We
were not made aware that Bricklin parts must be  accompanied with a
pedidegree!!!! We are very candid often ie; Ebay> Bricklin> completed items>
item #2400429696 see description !!!
John  was quoted as saying"I hate to be critical when I know so little"," his
parts are probably 29 years old" , last we heard Bricklin shut down.,we would
surely like to see John's 2003 Bricklin.
    John further states [not even listed as "tested" or "working"].We have
better things to do then send items that are not working. What would be the
purpose in under mining our business?It clearly states on our Ebay site if you
have any question feel free to ask!
    The purpose of Wasteland is to offer quality "used" Bricklin items to the
community.We own 4 Bricklins ourselves with a fifth on the way.Of the 4, 3 are
practically mint with 10k each.If anything we understand the dehlimas
associated with finding parts.Our request list is already at arms length and
98% of them have been fulfilled. We are simply offering a service or resource
for fellow Bricklin owners to complete their vehicle rather then it being
parked.Often this happens because the guy has not found the part he has been
looking for for years. A gentlemen asked us for an (original )yellow marker
light, that is without the chrome as supplier now offer.We did not have it at
the time but used our list of resources and found it for him overnight in
Ohio.He was ecstatic as he had been searching for a long time and just wanted
his baby to look good.Yes that part came from a junker but does he care,He
simply wants a yellow marker.We were just as happy to have found it for him as
he was to receive the piece
    We are but a small company that has spent thousands and spent countless
hours trying to give the Bricklin community an alternative to it's parts
headache.We see using parts as giving long forgotten Bricklins or parts that
have been sitting on a shelf a second chance .
    We have almost been sentenced without a trial or jury.We are just starting
out and need support.Remember as it will come into conversation, the client
and availability sets the prices.We simply offer a price guideline based on
the data accumulated!  We are bound by Ebays selling rules and the compagnie
is based on it's principle. The research and traveling we have done over time
was very costly to find all these parts.Should we just give it away! If you
owned our parts would you not try to get the best buck you can to defray your
cost???????? An example is a brand new windsheild cost us $179.62 in phone
calls to every little window installer across Canada in order to locate
it.This one was found in BC.
   I know it has been a lengthy letter but we were attacked without just
cause.It doesn't take much to put a business under in the first couple of
weeks.Bricklins are our dream vehicles and to help others find parts is our
passion.Our list of sales and request have in a short time proven our beliefs
that there is a demand.If you wish to compete in the "used" parts category
please feel free but what took you all this time.We had the idea and we took
the risk at investing time effort and funds.
    In the event, and it will happen, that we should goof up, please be as
direct and approach us through the front door .It will command a lot more
respect towards each other!
Sincerely to all !!

Rick and Shawn

btw someone needs a real good horn that works can anyone help :)