Re: air door leak

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air door leak
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:54:16 -0400
At 12:19 PM 10/12/03 -0700, Roderick Keeler wrote:

>Well the time has come for me to find the leak in my air door system.  I
>have used the bubble solution on the connections at the air pump, the air
>tank, and on the control panel, but I have yet to find the leak.  It's
>pretty substantial too, so I would think it would be obvious.
>
>My question is: are there other connections that aren't immediately obvious?

Rod,

Does the air leak out with the doors closed and the car just sitting?  Or
does the air leak out when the doors are opened?  If the latter, check
the top of the lift rams.  It's possible that your seals in the ram have
cracked and are letting air by.  But this wouldn't be a problem if the
doors are closed and not being operated as there is no air supply to the
lift rams untill you press the switches.

Also do you have the air solenoids in your door?  This could also be a leak
but it's not going to leak unless there is air supplied to it, which is
only when the doors are opened.

The other possibility is that you are leaking air back into the compressor
and it is leaking around the valves and seals in the compressor.  Do you
have a check valve inline right after the compressor?

Hope this helps.

Va. Beach, Va             (eBay id: zebra48)
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V