Re: making a sign

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: making a sign
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:00:02 -0500
At 10:27 AM 12/18/03 -0500, Paul J. Amoroso wrote:

>You say that there are only 1,500 still in existence.  Just curious how
>accurate that is and how we know.  If we have roughly 800 members in BI,
>then that is more than half!  Is that right?

Amo,

I don't know if anyone really knows for sure.  And unfortunately, my database
is NOT normalized so I have redundent records.  However looking at the data
various ways trying to remove some of the duplicate entries, I show:

1824 cars listed - some dups - and few cars that have been totalled,

974 cars that we have not had contact with the owner in over 8 yrs,

850 cars we have contacted owner - either in club, mailing list or other.

The club runs around 330 to 360 members -  300 in the US, 35 in Canada, 5
Outside North America.

So allowing for dups and the totaled cars, 1500 is pretty close.  I still
think it is more that that.  I currently know where there is 1 car in
dire need of restoration, and it is NOT in the database.  Every month or
so I get 1 or 2 cars that we didn't know existed.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229