Brake system replacement

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake system replacement
From: "Dennis Kronberg" <dennikro@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:46:15 -0500
Well, I finally finished my brake system replacement last night and
unfortunately, my greatest fear has come true.  The ever important
proportioning valve has indeed gone bad so I'm stuck.  It diverts properly
to the front wheels as I was able to sucessfully bleed them.  The rears
however, were getting nothing from the valve itself and therefore of course,
not sending any fluid to the back to activate or even bleed the brakes.

Has anybody ever had their prop valve go bad and if so, what was done to
remedy the problem.  The AMC part number listed in the cross reference does
not come up at any source I have checked, even an AMC parts distributor.  Is
it possible the number on the list is bad?  Does anybody have one that is
clean enough to read the casting numbers on the side of it?  I don't know if
these will get me anywhere but it couldn't hurt. As mine was pretty rusty,
the best guess I can come up with is 83869 as a number on the side of it.

Please help!!  I wanted to test drive this weekend!  ARRRRGH!!

Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information
and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp