Brake System Replacement...an UPDATE

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake System Replacement...an UPDATE
From: "Dennis Kronberg" <dennikro@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:34:34 -0500
THEY WORK! WHOOO HOOOO! Yes, through a LOT of determination, a lot of brake
cleaner, a lot of bruses and scraped knuckles, my prop valve has finally
released its grip on me and let the fluid flow to the brakes!

Thanks to everyone who offered tips and suggestions. It's the support and
communication like that which I think makes Bricklin owners stand out as an
elite group!! As a result of the prop valve freeing up, I was able to bleed
the entire system, have a nice strong pedal, and allow me to move AND stop
the car under its own power for the 1st time in my ownership! Actually, it's
the 1st time in my life I have even DRIVEN a Bricklin! Although it was only
in reverse and about 30 feet into an enclosed trailer, it was still a great
feeling!! And in that short time, I was a bit suprised at the power it
has..even with the old plugs and wires and gas in it! I accidentally burned
into the floor of the trailer when tapping the pedal to keep it moving.
Oops.

Oh and for those of you curious as to why I'd put it in a trailer...well it
goes like this:  my parents are coming into town tonight and don't know
about it yet...and I still owe them some money.  Oops again.   It's all good
though, I'm getting a good tax return this year and have just settled a
lawsuit so they will be happier quite soon with the money situation!  ;)

Thanks again everyone!  I'm sure this won't be the last you'll hear from me!
Dennis

p.s.  Does anybody know a Jeff from Caledonia, MN?  I understand he has 4
Bricks and just went to inspect the black one in Duluth for sale on E-bay.
It would be nice to contact someone "local" like that who has more Bricks in
his possession than I thought were even in the state!