Re: Engine swap

To: gschiro@localdialup.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine swap
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 23:57:52 EST
You have a 74, so it is a moot point.  My question was why not just swap a
modern Ford engine vs. switching manufacturers?  TT told me the 74 chassis lent
itself to a Chevrolet engine much easier than the 75, but does it depends on
which version of Ford or Chev. engine?

I recently drove a LS-1 converted RX-7 and liked it a lot.  It had plenty of
power (450-500hp) and was very streetable, although I could not verify if it
really got 30 mpg as claimed.  I am thinking of putting a modern Chevrolet
engine in one of my 74 Bricklins, and since it is ~ 900 lbs heavier than the
RX-7
I definitely do not want any less power.  What would you suggest for best
combination of light weight, more power, and reliability?  Thanks.

George Curley