Re: Rear cargo area rubber mat

To: gschroeder@comcast.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear cargo area rubber mat
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:25:58 EST
The McMaster-Carr catalog has many types of rubber sheeting and mats.  You
could order a piece of whatever type and thickness and the appropriate width
and
cut it to fit.  They probably sell the same material that the auto
accessories makers use for their mats.  http://www.mcmaster.com/

A caution about carpet coverings:  Several years ago I had purchased a
carpeted floor mat with little rubber nubbie fingers on the back side of it.
Presumably they were intended to keep the mat from moving around on carpet.
Over
time however, they actually caused a lot of damage to the carpet in the
floorpan.  I don't know if it was because the carpet was old or low-quality or
if  the
same thing would have happened to newer carpet.  Not taking any chances, I
only use flat-bottomed mats after that.

George Curley  #670, 220