Additional fuse block

To: KARZ9 <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Additional fuse block
From: klasicars <klasicars@mywdo.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 13:42:13 -0600
Both the fan and compressor are high current items especially at startup.
The original old wiring was rated for lower power consumption.
Adding additional current draw is touchy at best although most of us
probably have done it and not had a wiring harness fire. Personally I
did not want to take that chance. I selected a location on the upper part
of the right inner fender panel to mount a half inch thick piece of
plexiglas
with a 1/4-20 stud in it. I ran a heavy guage cable from the starter
solenoid
up to this stud. From this stud I have run the correct guage wire for each
additional appliance with an inline fuse in each feed.
Another benefit is being able to connect my battery charger/tender at the
stud and no more fighting with getting to the battery location or the
starter. There is an existing hole in the fender panel about 1" diameter
that I aligned the stud with so I could extend the bottom end of the stud
into the wheel well for access without opening any part of the car.
Works great in Colorado.
Don, #1880, 2745