Re: Techinal Help Needed

To: "Ed Wenger" <wewenger@zoomlynx.com>
Subject: Re: Techinal Help Needed
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:14:30 -0500
At 11:31 PM 2/5/2006 -0500, Ed Wenger wrote:

>Hello again.  I purchased  a 1975 Bricklin last weekend which I picked up on
>Saturday.  Doors worked fine until I got it home - the orig hydraulic ones.
>Then when I went to exit - clicking only and no hydraulic motor running.  I
>was stuck in the car - not real funny then. Pulled the pin and did exit with
>some difficulty.  Is there a circuit to check for the motor?  Where do I
look?
>Where can I purchase a shop manual for the car?  The fun has begun!

Ed,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Bricklins.

For starters, unless you are interested in showing the car with AACA, I
strongly suggest that you convert to air doors.  For reasons - if you
haven't read it - check out:

http://bricklin.org/TechCentral/TCFAQ.htm

If the "relay that Claude was talking about isn't there, check under the
car, between the 2 boxes - battery & hydrolic control panel, there is supposed
to be a circit breaker there.  The other possibility is that the hydrolic
pump gave up the ghost.

The club (Bricklin International - www.bricklin.org) sells reprints of
the parts manual and the shop manuals.  I strongly suggest that you join.
They have a great quarterly magazine geared mostly to the technical side
of the car so you or your mechanic can keep them on the road.

Phone:  (757) 495-8229