Re: Technical Help Needed

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Technical Help Needed
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 17:22:24 -0500
At 11:06 PM 2/10/2006 -0500, Ed Wenger wrote:

>Tinkered around tonight to find out why hydraulic motor was not running.  All
>wires seemed OK.  When all else failed I began knocking on things (lightly
>however) and there it was a stuck solenoid above the motor - one of the two
>that look like a starter solenoid.  Now the doors work although very  s-l-o-w
>.  Some thing is not quite right, like a bad contact or heavy draw.  Thanks
>for the tips so far.

Ed,

Glad to hear you got the doors working again.  I believe that the hydrolic
doors take between 7 to 9 seconds to open - which is very slow.

>From what I've heard the hydrolic pump is a large draw.  I remember when I
was looking at one at a dealer when they were new.  They wouldn't open the
doors for you unless you put $500 down.  They said that 5 or so opens and
closes killed the battery if the car wasn't started.  Another reason to
convert to the air doors. :)

Phone:  (757) 495-8229