Rebuild, new or high torque starter

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuild, new or high torque starter
From: "Sven Koch" <sk-svenkoch@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 18:30:44 +0100
My original starter seems to pack up soon. During the restoration of #2224
I've rebuilt this motor, because it was seized through the years.

But now when I want to start my slight modified 351W (modified cam, other
heads, offenhauser manifold, headers) it sounds like the starter is too slow
the my bricklin.

I already tried to connect the battery with the solenoid with a bigger wire
without any changes. Could the starter solenoid be the problem??

My question is: should I buy a normal rebuilt Ford starter or a high torque
version?? If I need a heavy duty one could anyone give me a suggestion?

Thanks in advance and have a nice Sunday,

Sven Koch #2224