Re: [Bricklin] wipers

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] wipers
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 11:23:01 -0400
At 10:30 AM 7/11/2015, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >Did a couple of different things last night.  Hooked up a new wiper
motor and still
 >one speed with the Intermittent switch and with the original.  Did
an ohm meter
 >test form the switch connector to the wires on the wiper motor and had
 >connectivity to each wire.  Did the same with the ground wire back
to the frame.

 >Not sure where to go from here.  It kind of makes me wonder if the plug that
 >connects to the switch is wired correctly.

Greg,

  Do/did the high speed work before you put in the intermittant
mod?  Do you still
have the original switch?  If so, can you go back to the original
configuration?
Then take voltage measurements on the wire coming from the switch in the
various positions and write them down (ie. draw a picture of the
switch and the wires).  Then reinstall the intermittant system, and
check the wires there.  It is
entirely possible that with the intermittant system, they changed the
outputs on
the switch.

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive